Backup Academy GLOSSARY
Search for terms and definitions, we plan to add more in the upcoming weeks. Let us know what other definitions you need to see here – send us your feedback!
| g | h
| j | k | l
| m | n
| o | p
| t | u
| x | y | z | 0-9
- A means to recover application, systems or data. The creation of a copy of data just in case the original data is lost or damaged.
- Backup scheduling
- The option to schedule backups on a weekly or daily basis, allowing you to run backups when the computer is not in use.
- Backup verification
- The ability to ensure that the current state of a system is backed up.
- Backup window
- A preset amount of time in which data must be restored in order to elude any damaging or negative effects on the applications or systems that use the data.
- Bare-metal restore
- The ability to restore completely to different hardware which must be the same configuration as the system the restore was made for.